Friday, November 9, 2018

Lucinda's Tree Color Studies

Oddly blue tree - does it work? Interesting.
My previous post shows black and white value studies that explored different composition ideas for "Lucinda's Tree".
Today, I'd like to show different color studies which also include format changes.
Small color studies 2"x3", 4"x5", give you the freedom to experiment with different color ideas without committing to a large more time consuming piece which you would probably be more hesitant to experiment with. 
Purple and orange version
Mostly orange version
After working on some horizontal ideas I went to a square format.
Orange tree and yellow/green fields. In this one I added an indication of the fence

Here's 1 that I really like.
"Alone" Little orange tree with ominous background
and a small shining village on the hill.
This allegory is about what?

Try some color studies with your own tree designs. It's fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment